Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day!! Here's the Father's Day cards that I made. The stamp is from CTMH, sorry, I can't remember the name as I borrowed it. "Happy Father's Day" is the inside of the card. Here's one of my favorite Father's Day poems, I'd like to share it with you.

Walk a little slower
Author: unknown
"Walk a little slower Daddy" said a child so small,
"I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true,
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."

3 comments:

Kimberly S said...

Great cards Karen, love the stamped background! Thnaks so much for sharing the poem as well! :)

Stef H said...

fabulous cards. if i'm not mistaken, wayne newton made a record of those words. absolutely beautiful song.

Diane Louise J said...

Really like your Fathers Days card.
Diane x